Tuesday, December 31, 2013

See Ya Later 2013


Is it cheating if I try to sneak one more blog post under the wire this year?

2013 has been a full year for me.  Full of amazing moments, and some challenges too.  I guess you could say that about most years.

The times spent with family were of course my favorites.

Some people pick a theme for the coming new year.

My 8 yr old picked "Europe" as his theme word.  I told him that sounded expensive.

My 4 yr old picked "Movie_Theater" as his theme.  That sounds more like my budget.


My husband picked "Get_A_Babysitter" as his theme word.  That sounds good by me. 

My theme is still rolling around in my brain, and I reserve the right to think about it for at least another day, but it will probably relate to setting priorities, finishing what's important, and getting an incredible amount of creative work complete in the coming year.


Above, you're enjoying a photo of a twig that I wrapped with yarn and hung pom poms off of, made with my new Clover pom pom maker - which by the way is very very cool.

The paper stars were a gift from my friend Pamela, a super talented textile designer.  She's hosting a tea towel give away right now on her blog Paint Me Bright that you need to enter.  It is so incredible.  Wouldn't a new tea towel calendar be the best way to ring in 2014?  Of course it would.  

Happy New Year to you all out there.  Thank you for reading my blog, thank you for all your comments, and for the inspiration I get from read your blogs.  I wish you the best for the coming year.


3 comments:

claire said...

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
> *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
> *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
Claire

claire said...

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
> *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
> *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
Claire

pamela said...

Thanks for calling out my blog! You're a pal!